Monday, March 23, 2015

A new trading world is upon us

I had the opportunity to watch Michael Lewis (Flash Boys) on a Sunday morning TV interview. He has written extensively about Wall Street for decades.
His contention was that financial services are undergoing rapid and dramatic changes. Essentially functions (i.e. trading, portfolio analysis) of yore are being transformed by digitization. This may mean lower costs, but perhaps less human interaction. I could not agree more.
To me this means more personal empowerment to advantage data now being afforded by digital means. At SectorSurfer University our aim is to teach individual investors to use powerful big data to select appropriate mutual funds and ETFs (Exchange Traded Funds - see my blog from March 5th for more about ETFs) for investment.
I’d enjoy discussing this opportunity to be in the "sweet spot" of the new investment world with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment