Monday, March 16, 2015

Is it time to think about inflation?

I think it may be time to being to think about inflation.

For example, let's take a look at what is happening with wages around the country. Walmart recently instituted a large across the board wage increase for it's employees.  The strength of the dollar and currency volatility have also caused some concern about the future course of price indices, as has the negative inflationary effect of falling and instability of oil prices.

While I am not about to predict inflationary problems in the near term, I do believe the current atmosphere begs for a small investment in future corporate inflationary beneficiaries.  I am little interested in the discussion of traditional hedges such as gold and silver here, but am interested in sound companies that can benefit from an upward move in prices.

To this end, I have assembled a portfolio for use in SectorSurfer that employs a group of ETFs that bear watching in this regard.  I have prepared this for clients who currently use or will use SectorSurfer for this portion of portfolio rotation.

No comments:

Post a Comment